Highs
-I made it to Laredo!
-Tomorrow I'll be in Mexico
-I met and had dinner with a bunch of coworkers tonight and they are all tons of fun
-My amazing friends and family made me a book of pictures and encouraging letters to last me for a LONG time. I love love love it. Thanks to those of you who contributed :).
-Meredith was a trooper and we made it to Houston with smiles on our faces and our friendship very much in tact.
-I hung out yesterday in Austin with Chris (USC friend who moved out there a few months back) and fell in love with the city. I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to take a single picture.
-My car got an A+ check-up at Jiffy Lube yesterday (1600 miles and counting)
-I have a king-size bed all to myself tonight.
-Part of our orientation tonight was learning Spanish cuss words so we'll know if the kids say them.
Lows
-Meredith went and got on an airplane back to Raleigh...lame
-She took her TomTom with her and left me with an Atlas the size of a beach towel
-I found out tonight that I'm not allowed to wear capri pants to school...if you know me, you know that my entire summer wardrobe for work relies on my collection of capris. Looks like I need to buy some new pants.
-Lastly, of course, I miss all people and things familiar.
Off to bed
I hope you have a safe trip!! We are all praying for you, Erin :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting in Highs and Lows - my small group girls like to share highs and lows at the beginning of each small group:)
ReplyDeleteGlad your trip is going well so far. I'm so glad your mom sent out your blog link! I have several that I follow so you're now on the list. I've been praying and will keep on. Can't wait to read more updates!
Love you!
And the search for PANTS continues, lol. Glad things are going smoothly!!
ReplyDelete