Anyway, a friend was coming over and didn't know where the apartment was. It is on a one way street and it is a PAIN to pass it and have to circle back. She called when she was close, and I ran outside and up the street to meet her. There are a few parking spaces outside the building with those cement guards at the front end to keep cars from pulling up too far. So I'm in a full jog with my phone to my ear, and I didn't see the cement guard and tripped. The next thing I know I'm lying on the ground, both knees throbbing. As I'm trying to figure out how I fell, I realize the phone had been up to my ear throughout my entire journey to the pavement, and my friend is rambling on in Spanish trying to tell me where she is. I stay lying on the ground, partly trying to figure out how serious my injuries are and partly trying to concentrate on what she's saying. As I'm laying on the ground I start laughing, to which my friend is a little annoyed because she's lost. There wasn't really time to explain what happened so I just started saying, "Me cai, me cai," which means "I fell I fell." It would have taken centuries for me to tell her the whole thing in Spanish. So we continue our conversation with me laying on the pavement and watching the street. As I start to get up, I look up and realize this guy has been standing ten feet from me the whole time, and he must have been watching the whole time because the look on his face said it all. Thanks for the help man.
So here's the injury report...worst bruise I've ever had in my life on my right knee, equally painful but less noticeable bruise on my left knee, and small bruise on my elbow that took the impact because I kept the phone to my ear, instead of putting my hand down like a normal person would have done. I tried to take a picture of the bruise on my knee, but the picture doesn't do it justice AT ALL. It looks like someone colored with black, red and purple all over my knee. My knee still looks like this and I fell on Saturday.
And here's a little Tim Keller quote I got while listening to his podcast today...
"I'm not the means to an end. I AM the end."
daaang erin! i'll admit i was laughing a little that you didnt stop your conversation and kept laying in the street, lol.
ReplyDelete