1.30.2012

It's official. I'm an idiot

This morning, my keys were mysteriously missing, so after work I turned the apartment over and found nothing. As I was leaving to go on a walk to mourn the loss of the keys, I walked past the mailbox remembered that I had left the keys on top of the mailbox as I was going through all the mail the day before. The whole building shares one mailbox, roughly 24 people total. Needless to say, there is always a TON of mail and it drives me crazy, so about once a week I go through and throw away all the junk mail. It takes a good five minutes, but, when I finished, I gathered up the trash pile and went down to my apt., leaving my keys behind (roommate was home when I got home so the door was unlocked.)

So, I made a ghetto sign saying I had lost them and posted it by the mailbox. So far, two people have gotten back to me saying that they saw the keys the day before but left them alone. So we're praying (you and me) that some good Samaritan has them and is going to give them back as soon as he/she finds out I'm the idiot who left them there. And I'm pretty sure no one is going to want to take away the 99 Camry. If they do, I guess it was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment